and…….Day 12 is complete…..challenge is OVER!!! Congratulations to everyone that participated in the 1st Annual 12 days of Fit-Mas Challenge. I hope you enjoyed it. I would love to hear from you to let me know your thoughts. I know it kept me accountable to doing something active through the holidays.
Donations are still being collected. However at this point we are over $1500. So thank you so much for you all of your contributions. With matched donations this will allow for us to purchase over $3000 worth of items through Plan Canada. This is just fantastic. I am just thrilled.
If anyone is interested in giving a donation please contact me. For more information on the incredible work that Plan Canada does visit:
Plan is a global movement for change, mobilizing millions of people around the world to support social justice for children in developing countries.
Founded in 1937, we are one of the world’s oldest and largest international development agencies, working in partnership with millions of people around the world to end global poverty. Not for profit, independent and inclusive of all faiths and cultures, we have only one agenda: to improve the lives of children.
Plan works in 69 countries around the globe, including 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. We give children, families and communities the tools they need to break the cycle of poverty and build sustainable solutions for improving their own lives.
Because I am a Girl is Plan’s global initiative to end gender inequality, promote girls’ rights and lift millions of girls – and everyone around them – out of poverty.
In 2012, our work impacted the lives of over 174 million people – including 84 million children – in over 90,100 communities around the world.
Looking to give the gift of HOPE this Christmas? I am looking for as many people as I can to participate in my 12 Days of FIT-Mas Challenge. This will be a very worthwhile fitness challenge with an opportunity to help yourself (gift of health) while helping to raise money for Plan Canada. All that is required is a donation amount of your choosing and I will send you the 12 Days of Fit-Mas Challenge. What you are committing to is completing a daily challenge for 12 days — Monday, December 23 to Saturday, January 4th.
Once I receive your donation I will email the challenge to your inbox on December 22. There will be three daily challenges of either a timed or rep exercise. You can do all 3 exercises at once or break it up over the day. The commitment will be to do each challenge over the course of the 12 days.
The benefits are two-fold in which you will be doing something active over the Christmas break as well as donating money for an amazing charity.
For more information on the incredible work that Plan Canada does please visit their website www.plancanada.ca/hopegifts
Message me if you would like to donate. Tell your friends…get a group together. Help to raise as much money as we can to help the thousands of real people in developing countries!!
Plan Canada Gifts of Hope – Charitable Gifts | Unique Gift Ideas
Gifts of Hope are ethical gifts that give twice: here and abroad. Shop the online charitable catalogue to find unique gifts that make a difference.
This chart makes it easy to understand our food cravings and how to replace them with something equally as satisfying, but healthier.
Makes about 40
2 cups all purpose flour (I used gluten-free flour from Costco)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chia seeds (costco)
- 1/3 hemps powder or seeds (costco)
- 2 scoops All greens (costco)
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten free flour (costco)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup unpasteurized honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 t vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Generously grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, brown sugar, chia, hemp, greens, cinnamon, flour, raisins, chocolate chips and salt. Make a well in the center, and pour in the honey, egg, oil and vanilla. Mix well using your hands. Pat the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bars begin to turn golden at the edges. Cool for 5 minutes, and then cut into bars while still warm. Do not allow the bars to cool completely before cutting, or they will be too hard to cut.
- Almond flour- ½ cup
- Gluten free flour (Costco) ½ cup
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Baking soda-1/2 tsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- almond or coconut milk or coconut water- ½ cup
- Zucchini, chopped very small- 1
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 sccops All Greens (Weber from Costco) or any Greens products
- Honey or Maple syrup
- To make homemade almond flour , blanch the whole almonds in hot water for a few minutes and then rinse them with cold water. Pat dry it and peel off the skin.
- Put the almonds in a coffee grinder or mixer, pulse it a few times till it’s almost ground. Don’t over grind it as it will turn into almond butter.
- In a large bowl, combine all the above mentioned dry ingredients.
- Add the egg to it, combine well.
- Add milk and combine well to a smooth constituency without any lumps.
- Chop zucchini to very small and add it to the batter, combine well.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, grease it with coconut oil.
- Pour 1 large spoonful of batter on the pan.
- Let holes form on the batter and the bottom side turn light golden in color.
- Flip it to the other side and let the other side turn golden in color as well.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or honey
Fit Mama Training Camp 3
√ results oriented √ high level of accountability √sustainable eating plan
√ fat-blasting exercise program √education & support
An intense 8 week program that will efficiently work your entire body by moving from one exercise to another with minimal rest. Reap the benefits of this ultimate calorie-burning workout, which combines the best of cross-training conditioning with speed drills, plyometrics, weight training, hill work and power exercising. A complete workout with the benefits of camaraderie and social support. Your challenge is to push your body to its limit…..you work…you sweat…and, best of all, you burn calories like crazy.
Weight, measurements and body fat taken.
Food plan to follow with supporting documents.
All levels welcome. Mamas and babies (stroller required), mamas with no babies and soon to be mamas.
Cost*: $40 discount for momas who participated in Fit Mama training camp.
1 weekly workout for 8 weeks $160 (8 classes)
2 weekly workouts for 8 weeks $240 (16 classes)
3 weekly workouts for 8 weeks $ 340 (24 classes)
Program begin Monday, September 9 – Friday, November 1 Register by August 31.
Payment options; Cash, Cheque, E-transfer